Thursday, January 24, 2013

Box Joint Jig


This video inspired me to build one too.

I ordered the hardware and plans from AugustHome Publishing Company for $21.95 CAN including shipping. I received a bag of small parts and a plan.

Here I've stated to make the parts:




I mounted it on a sled I made for my saw rather than use the saw's mitre gage, as the slots spacing on my saw table did not work very well with the jig.



One change I made was to increase the hight of the two adjustment blocks because the steel angle parts provided were bigger that the plan wanted. I didn't realize it until later so the hole on the back (which was to support a small MDF board for supporting the work piece could not be used.
Instead I dove-tailed the MDF board to hold it in place.


Here is a view of the MDF support being installed in the dovetail slot.


I also added a hose to take cuttings away.






No comments: